I can’t believe that months have flown by since my last recipe was posted. I honestly don’t know where the time goes.
I apologize to all my customers who keep asking for new recipe content – life just seemed to get in the way.
After a lot of thought about what I should post as my next recipe, I decided to share with you a store favourite. These cookies were adapted from a recipe shared by The Raw Walnut, who adapted it from Oh She Glows website. I changed them to make them Paleo friendly. Enjoy!
Yields: 12 cookies (depending on the size of your cookie scooper, it could yield more)
2 tbsp. ground flax seed
6 tbsp. water
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup almond flour
¾ cup maple syrup
2 tsp baking powder
½ cup dark chocolate chunks
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 tbsp. coconut flour
1 cup tahini
1. Set oven to 350
2. In a small bowl, combine the ground flax seeds with the water and mix – set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients
4. Add the bowl of flax to the medium bowl, and mix well.
5. Let sit for 5 minutes
6. Scoop out cookies onto a pan lined with parchment paper (I use a cookie scooper, but you can easily use a large spoon)
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes *until lightly golden on the top
8. Let cool for 10 minutes – store in a sealed container.